Saturday, August 8, 2015

Our First Herbal Tea Recipe!

I've been testing some herbal tea recipes, and I decided to publicly share my first blend called Sweet Reverie from herbs found in our backyard! And yes, it really does taste like a dream. It's simple, and it only includes five ingredients. I must warn you though; this tea is very sweet! Well, what can I say; I do have a sweet tooth! Use less or no stevia for less of a sweet taste. Change other ingredients as needed. More lemon grass or lemon balm for a more lemony taste, for example. The lemon taste is very subtle in my recipe, just a FYI. More recipes soon to come!

Well, here you go!

Sweet Reverie- Sugary tarragon taste with a slight essence of lemon; great for a sweet-tooth:

  • Lemon grass: 10-15 stalks
  • Stevia: 15-20 leaves
  • Lemon balm: One hand full
  • French tarragon: One tablespoon of fresh leaves
  • Holy basil: 10-15 leaves
Makes: Two cups

Instructions: Gather herbs, wash, dry with paper towel, break apart herbs into fourths, place in a paper lunch bag for 24 hours to dry.
Heat water for about a minute, and add dried herbs into a tea strainer or empty tea bag. Steep for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment